Saturday, April 2, 2011

Long Day...

Hey Guys, know it's been a few days since I checked in, but, well, this is the first bit of down time I've had today. I'm just... I'm just a bit stressed.

My restful Saturday started off with a phone call... at 3 in the morning. On my house phone. Now, I get maybe 3 calls on that thing a month. I've gotten that many in the past week. I soon as I picked up the phone I knew I should have just let it go. On the other end was some maniac rambling about how I wasn't safe, about how he was gonna get me. All the while the connection is fading in and out, till finally, it just descends into static. Neat. I hung up after that, rolled out of bed, took a shower, and headed into the living room.

Now, in a normal person's life, I'd have a cup of coffee, maybe flip on the TV to catch some Saturday morning cartoons (Don't Laugh) and just enjoy my day off. But no, my life isn't normal. I came in to see that all my furniture had been rearranged. And not in the normal, "Oh, that lamp is off kilter, the table's to the left" kinda rearrange. We're talking "lamp is on the floor, table is in the bathroom" Everything was out of place. I'm not a neat person by nature, but this was ridiculous. The TV had been turned to face the hallway leading to the bedrooms (And apparently turned to some channel that showed nothing but silent static) the armchair was on it's back on the opposite side of the room, and the couch was facing towards the window looking out on the street two stories below.

Naturally, I flipped. I normally enjoy Alex's pranks, but this was where I drew the line. I stalked back down the hall and rapped on his door. He opened it, and, God, he looked like hell. Eyes bloodshot, hair a mess, he gave off a vibe that said hangover. He'd been having trouble sleeping the past week, since Sheila died, but I'd just attributed that to stress and grief. Besides, he still acted the same. I'd never seen him like this. I started asking him about the interior decorating, when he pipes up says "Oh, yeah, sorry about the couch, that was me" As to why he did that, he didn't let on, even though I've asked him several times since then. In fact, he kinda seems to shut down when I bring it up....

Anyway, I started asking him about the rest of the furniture. That's when he really started to get freaky. He got really pale, and kinda whispered something I couldn't catch. I walked back to the living room with him behind me, and gestured around. This was when he lost it. He starts walking around the room. just staring, whispering, "Oh, God, He got in, He was in here" Exactly who "he" is, I don't know. He didn't seem to hear that question either. So, I ignored him, and started moving everything back in place.

I spent the rest of the day eithor out shopping for a tux for Sheila's funeral, and trying to fix my TV, because no matter what I do, all it does is play the Salt n' Pepper Show on mute. It won't even give me a channel number or something... stupid technology. Anyway, yeah, I've got the funeral tomorrow. Why Sheila felt the need to end it all about a week before my 21st birthday, I don't know, but I'll welcome the oppurtunity to drink my sorrows away... wow that sounded selfish. Anyway I guess I should be off.

Oh, wait, one more thing: As I was moving the couch away from the window, I snuck a glance out the window, and saw the strangest thing. There was this guy, two stories below, standing on the sidewalk across from my building. Just standing there. He wasn't a homeless person or anything. IN fact, he looke like a buisness man, dressed in a really nice looking suit. When I glanced back for a double take though, he was gone, just, poof, into thin air. I just kinda forgot about him till now. More strangeness...

No comments:

Post a Comment